I- Introduction to the nervous system
elementary knowledge :
- Activity 1 : what is the nervous system for ?
- Activity 2 : What is the nervous system made up ?
- Activity 3 : Let’s sing !!
What is the nervous system for ?
The telegraph line
session1-introduction-to-the-nervous-system pdf ; visual-nervous ; session1vocabularypdf
Don’t forget to train your pronunciation here
II- How does the ankle jerk work ?
1- Activity 1 : the ankle jerk or achilles reflex
Watch the video about achilles reflex and after the reflex arc.
What do you know about it ?
Can you do a short summarize that explain which divisions of the nervous system are involved ?
Do it and then explain it to your neighbor.
2- Activity 2 : the divisions of the nervous system
Watch the video and first focus on the scientific knowledge.
Then try to answer to the following questions :
- How many divisions can you
- What is the CNS ? What is it made up by ?
- How many sets of nerves are there ?
- How many nerves are connected from the brain ? From the spinal cord ?
- What is the PNS ? Can you do a diagram to summarize all the nerves ?
- What is the ENS ? What is it for ?
- What are the functional divisions of the nervous system ?
- Do a diagram as he did about the different parts of the functional system nervous and the try to explain it to your neighbor …
3- Activity 3 : Anatomy of the spinal cord
Use the microscope to see how the spinal cord is made up.
1) Where can you find the body of a sensitive neuron, a motor neuron ? Check your answer with your partner.
2) Then find and draw a sensitive neuron and a motor neuron.
How the ankle jerk reflex work ?
3) Caption the following diagram of the functioning of the ankle jerk reflex as much as you can.
You can also caption it on the website : http://www.afd-ld.org